Monday, May 24, 2010

SO excited about 2008 Zinfandel!


On a recent trip to Napa, I tasted and brought home some lovely zins. Okay, not ALL of them made it home. ;)
One tasting room server was completely incredulous when I mentioned I hail from the home of the "Best Zinfandel in the World": Troon Vineyard. (The 2002 zin won this award at the Jerry D. Mead New World International Wine Competition.) I encouraged all of them to visit our picturesque spot in the Applegate Valley... maybe I also asked them to come up in the fall when the 2008 Reserve Zinfandel is first released - no agenda there. Upon returning home from my Napacation, I opened a precious bottle of 2006 Troon Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel and oh, my, goodness. It completely blew everything I had tasted on my trip absolutely out of the glass! Beauty, balance and complexity just can't be much more wonderful.

2002 Troon Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel: Best New World Zinfandel - Jerry D. Mead New World International Wine Competition. Gold Medal, Best of Class, Best of Varietal, Best of Show - Jerry D. Mead New World International Wine Competition. Gold Medal, Dallas Morning News Wine Competition. Gold Medal, Northwest Wine Summit. Silver Medal, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.

2004 Troon Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel: Silver Medal, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.

2006 Troon Vineyard Reserve Zinfandel: Gold Medal, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. Gold Medal, Northwest Wine Summit. Gold Medal, Jerry D. Mead International Wine Competition. "Outstanding" Oregon Wine Awards.


Breaking News!

2008 Kubli Zinfandel: Gold Medal, Oregon Wine Awards.

2008 Reserve Zinfandel: Double Gold, Oregon Wine Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment