Monday, May 10, 2010

McCafe Morning


So, early this morning I was efficiently at the bank drive through and on my way to the vineyard. Suddenly I realized I did NOT want to wait 45 minutes to make it to the winery restroom on Kubli Road in the Applegate Valley. A quick assessment of surroundings revealed the local McDonald's across the street. Although I pride myself in avoiding fast food establishments, (I view myself as a veggie-pescatarian-locavore-granola when possible) it seemed to be my best option, so I zoomed across traffic and pulled into the first parking spot. McDonald's is obviously the senior hangout on Monday mornings, so I made my way past a large crowd of elderly McMuffin loving patrons. I didn't need anything, but feeling like I should pay for the use of water, soap and a paper towel, I made my way up to the counter. As usual I was cash-less and a dollar menu coffee didn't seem like the right amount to put on a credit card. Less than a minute later I was walking out the door with a full meal deal, including something that looked and tasted like a giant tater-tot. And I ate the whole thing! Including the ham, which is not on the "Corey eats" list. I had to truly admire McDonald's for freaky-fast tastiness and of course the anti-Starbucks McLatte is nothing short of brilliant. I even made it to work on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment